Sunday, October 1, 2017

Creation Station Tricks of the Trade


#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation   Since October is the month of Halloween, our Creation Station design team has some tricks for you--tricks of the trade! We're going to show you a variety of stamping "hacks" that we hope will inspire you.

I love embossing folders. I use them in my card making all the time. I love the way they take a flat, plain piece of card stock to the next level by giving it some texture and dimension. When I don't use an embossing folder, I feel like the paper is naked.

Did you know that you can stamp with your embossing folders?! Yes you can! And it's so quick and easy--my favorite stamping "technique!"

For my first card, I used the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I inked up a Sponge Dauber with Crushed Curry Ink and pounced onto the raised hexagons on every other row. 

I used another Sponge Dauber to apply Fresh Fig Ink on the alternate rows. Once I'd inked up the folder, I held it about 1 foot away and used a Stampin' Spritzer to lightly spray the embossing folder with water. Then I laid a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Shimmery White Card Stock onto the folder, closed it, and rubbed it all over so that the ink transferred to the card stock. Lookie! How cool this is! PROTIP: You need to wait until your paper dries, or use a Heat Tool to speed drying.



I adhered my "stamped" panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Crushed Curry Card Stock, wrapped a length of Crushed Curry Mini Chevron Ribbon around, and adhered it to a Fresh Fig Card Stock card base.

I stamped the "Stylish Birthday" stamp in Fresh Fig onto a Whisper White and cut it out with a square Stitched Framelit. I cut out a scalloped Fresh Fig mat with one of the Layering Squares Framelits. I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a bit of bling--I almost always have to add some bling--I added three Glitter Enamel Dots. I think this card is super cute!
For my next card, I opened up the Petal Burst Textured Impressions folder and opened up my Pear Pizzazz Ink pad and applied the ink directly to the raised side of the folder. 

I held the folder at about 1 foot distance and lightly spritzed it with water from my Stampin' Spritzer. Again, I laid a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Shimmery White Card Stock onto the folder, closed it, and rubbed it all over so that the ink transferred to the card stock. Awesome!
I adhered this piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Pear Pizzazz Card Stock, wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around, and adhered it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I used the Daisy Punch to punch two daisies from Whisper White Card Stock. I adhered them together with a Stampin' Dimensional and to the card with another Dimensional. I popped a Clear Faceted Gem in the center.

The sentiment is from the "Tabs For Everything" stamp set. I stamped it in Pear Pizzazz onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch, snipped the end off, and adhered it to the card with two Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. I really like how this card--and the super awesome background--turned out!!
Now it's time for you to learn some more stampin' hacks from our design team. Use the buttons below to navigate around our blog hop. Happy Stampin'!



Denita Wright-Smee - https://denitawright.blogspot.com.au/2017/10/tricks-of-trade-creation-station-design.html https://stampinwithlizdesign.blogspot.com/2017/10/stampin-with-liz-design-creation.html



Product List


Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00

6 comments:

  1. What great background tips here Kathy. I seldom ink up my embossing folders, but perhaps I really should x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the Petal Burst folder is beautiful inked up! Thanks for sharing this idea Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great tip--I need to remember to do this! You've created such great backgrounds for these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! Love the way the backgrounds look! Haven't done that in a while, but I'll certainly give it a go soon, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I have done this in the past with the ink pad, but never with the sponge. I like the soft look it gives! Great cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Kathy. I love your background tips. I need to try the dauber background. D xox

    ReplyDelete